Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mac n Cheese ★

Okay every person I know has a mac & cheese recipe.  I really don't do anything special in mine but I find great comfort in making it on a cold day or just a day that I feel the cheesy  food craving .  This is my go to recipe.


Mac n Cheese

2 cups macaroni (I use either elbows or small shells)
2 Tbs butter ( I never use margarine )
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup flour
8 oz cubed Velveeta cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( extra sharp is my favorite)
2 cups Half and half

cook macaroni as directed on package. Meanwhile melt butter in medium sauce pan. Add salt, pepper & flour. Whisk together then whisk in half and half. Cook over medium high heat until thick and bubbly.  Whisk in cheeses until smooth. Add to drained macaroni in greased 2 quart casserole dish. Bake 350° 20 minutes covered.


Enjoy♡

No comments:

Post a Comment