Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Chicken Ole and Mom

My Mom drives me crazy. I'm an adult yet she still has the power to drive me nuts. Don't get me wrong I love my mother. I just can't seem to find a way to get along with her. But she does have a few great things she's shared with me over my life time.
Take this recipe I'm about to share. I learned it from her.

Chicken Ole has been my go to party and too lazy to cook tonight dish for longer than I care to admit.
It is literally a dump and go crockpot recipe. I have also made it in the oven with a bit more work.

Crock pot method
1 regular size can cream of chicken soup
1 regular size can cream of mushroom soup
1 16 Oz jar of salsa (I use pace medium or hot)
1  16 Oz container of sour cream
4  boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 to 2 cups cheddar cheese
1.chopped onion

stir soups, sour cream and salsa together ( I'm lazy and do this in my crock)
Pour over chicken breast (or if you stired it in the crock push breasts to bottom making sure.the sauce covers them). Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. (high 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours) At the  8 hour mark ( 3 on high) stir and start breaking up chicken add cheese and stir again. Top with a bit of the cheese for a bubbly crust. cook 30.min longer still covered.
serve over rice or with chips

Oven method
cut  chicken breasts in to bite sized pieces
stir chicken and half of your cheese in to salsa, sour cream, soup mixture.
pour mixture in to 9 x13 pan top with remaining cheese. Cover and bake 35 to 40 minutes at 400°.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. And  mom if you read this blog. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment